Want to make some puff items? With the help of this puff dough recipe, you can make all sorts of delicious puff items like custard puffs, ham and cheese puffs, beef and vegetable puffs, crab meat puffs and so much more. The Puff dough recipe is the same for all of the items described above. It is made from butter, flour, eggs, and water. Also, it’s possible to come up with hundreds of different variations in terms of flavors, textures, and shapes when using puff dough recipes.
I have gathered the perfect and most simple puff dough recipe, which can be made very easily at home with less effort. I am describing the making process in detail.
Ingredient of puff dough
- 1 cup of fresh butter
- Flour 3 cup
- Water 1 cup
- 0.5 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1.5 teaspoon of salt
Making Process of puff dough
- To begin with, take 1 cup of butter first to make this recipe. Make the butter soften by putting it at room temperature for a while.
- After that, Take a bowl or electric mixer to mix all of the ingredients. It will be best to use an electric mixer. Because an Electric mixer mixes all of the ingredients perfectly.
- Put 2 cups of flour, 0.5 teaspoons of baking powder, and 1.5 teaspoons of salt into the mixer and mix it.
- Then, put 1 cup of water into the mixer. Mix all of the items for 4-5 minutes.
- After that, take a wet cloth and keep covered the dough for 15 minutes. Make sure the whole dough is covered by the wet cloth perfectly.
- Then roll the dough to 0.25 cm thick. Put the butter inside the round dough and spread it out in the whole dough. Remember to take 2.5 cm of blank space around the dough.
- Put 4 folds in the dough. Then put the dough into the refrigerator for 30 minutes. During this period, the butter between the dough becomes hard and it will be easy to make the dough rolled. Otherwise, the butter will be melted and it will become tough to roll the dough.
- Get the dough out from the refrigerator. Then, roll the dough for another time. This time, roll it bigger than before and put 6 fold into it. After that, roll it again and now put 8 fold into the roll.
- Finally, our dough is ready. You can store this dough in the refrigerator.
Detail making process here
Read more: Pineapple pie
What can we make with this puff dough recipe?
There are thousands of puff items to make. And all of the puff items need this puff dough. The amount is so big that you can not make all puff items within a week if you make the items regularly. Some of the most common recipes which we can make with puff dough are:
It is one kind of chicken bun, which is made of puff dough. Basically, it is a square-shaped bun, which contains chicken inside it. We can find it in most bakeries and snacks item. It is easy to make and also tasty. That’s why it is too popular among all ages of people.
Cream roll is one of the most common and delicious snacks all over the world. It is a roll-shaped hard bun, which contains cream inside it. Basically, it is a puff roll, which contains cream inside it. We can make this cream roll within a few minutes using this puff dough.
This is the most popular dessert item whole over the world. And people know this puff dough for this puff pastry only. This is not a single item. It contains around 20+ puff pastry items on it. All of the recipes contain almost the same ingredient. Puff dough and several kinds of cream. Know more about this puff pastry
How long will it keep?
This puff dough will keep in an airtight container in your refrigerator for up to one week. If it is more than 1 week, then the dough will be black and the taste will decrease. Preserving this dough is good, but for a certain time only. If you preserve it for a long time, then the taste of this dough will harm. It will become something sour in taste for a long time preservation.
Be sure to bring it back to room temperature before using it. otherwise, it will be impossible to roll. Because the dough will be too strong to roll if it is at freezing temperature. For that reason, you must have to keep it at room temperature for almost 1 hour. You can also freeze puffs made with refrigerated dough, but be sure they’re well wrapped.