Borhani recipe is a sweetened yogurt drink with rosewater and cardamom that’s popular in South Asian countries like Afghanistan, India, Pakistan, and Bangladesh. It can be served chilled or warm, and it’s typically served as an appetizer or dessert, although it can also be used as an ingredient in savory dishes as well!
To make your own Burhani at home, you need a few ingredients and some easy steps. And we can make it in some different ways. I have collected the easiest way to make the Burhani recipes at home in the most simple way.
This is a unique item in European countries. Because all of the spices and ingredients are Asian region. You will not find it in all the regions, but it is not impossible to find anything in this time period. All of the necessary ingredients and making processes are described below briefly.
What is Borhani recipe?
Borhani (also spelled Burhani or Borhani) is a drink that comes from Afghanistan and other parts of Central Asia. Specifically, it is served during special occasions such as weddings, Ramadan, Eid, and other celebrations and events. Making borhani takes time because of its preparation. The main ingredient of borhani is sour yogurt, mint leaf, and some spice. The ingredients are also hard to find in your neighborhood grocery store, so if you want to make it yourself you’ll have to go out and search for them. Know more about Burhani here.
Ingredients of Borhani recipe
- 1 kg sour yogurt
- 0.5 cup of water
- 1 teaspoon of cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon of Coriander powder
- 0.5 teaspoon ginger powder
- 0.5 teaspoon of Dried chili powder
- White paper powder 0.5 teaspoon
- 1 teaspoon of mustard powder
- 1 teaspoon of Mint leaf paste
- 2 teaspoons of green Chili paste
- Sugar 2 teaspoon
- 2.5 teaspoons of salt
- 2 teaspoons of Bit salt
- First of all, take 1 teaspoon of Mustard powder and mix 0.5 cups of water with this Mustard powder. Mix it for some while. Mix it very slowly, not like blending.
- Then, mix this Mustard powder and water solution without 1 kg yogurt. Mix them very well. You can use a blender to mix the Mustard powder solution with yogurt. Add some extra water if the yogurt solution is too much thick. Make sure, the yogurt is mixed well.
- Instead of using a blender, you can use a white cloth To snatch the yogurt. Most of the time, people use a white cloth to snatch the yogurt. Because it is the easiest way than bland.
- After that, take all of the Spice powder and mix including cumin powder, Coriander powder, and ginger powder in like the amount mentioned.
- Add some extra salt and sugar according to your taste if needed. Some people like extra spices. In this situation, you can add some extra green chili paste.
- Then, mix it for a while and keep it in the fridge for some time. Or mix some ice with it.
- Finally, our borhani is ready to eat. Now, it is time to serve it. You can use mint powder to put as garnish on it.
You can see the detailed making process here:
When Burhani is served
In a brief, Burhani is one kind of dessert item in the Indian and Indian regiment countries. Especially, people eat it after eating heavy and oily food like mutton, biryani, roast, and so on.
And in all of the traditional festivals like marriage, anniversaries, and another cultural festival, borhani is a must. The taste of Burhani is too much spice and contains too much flavor. That’s why people serve this borhani with this type of food. . If you are from the European region then think twice before taking this drink into your mouth.
It helps to digest foods fast. For this reason, people eat this after eating heavy food. We can get borhani in most of the sweet and binary shops of Indian regiment countries.
Nutrient of burhani
it has major amounts of vitamin C and Vitamin A. In some parts of India, borhani is referred to as buttermilk which makes sense because it can actually be made from buttermilk. For making quality Burhani you need quality ingredients. Make sure that all ingredients are fresh, clean, and healthy before you start preparing borhani drink. Freshness plays a very important role in making healthy recipes in India.